Some questions first.

1) Are we dealing with Exchange 5.5 or Exchange 2000?  What service pack
level are you running?
2) How are the Macs connected to the network?
3) What rev of the MAC OS are they running?
4) Do the Macs have a HOSTS file and if so is it setup correctly?
5) For the restore server did you change anything?  More importantly, did
you restore to the same hardware or to a completely new server?  I'm
assuming same hardware at this point.
6) Since the Macs can talk to the server what are the ping times like?  (You
can use MacPing to determine this if you run anything earlier than Mac OSX.
If you are running MacOSX then bring up a terminal window and run it from
there.).

This will do for a start.

Regards.

Nate Couch