From: knighTslayer [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, June 30, 2003 2:02 PM
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: RE: RE: DR question

What is that issue? The problem with a system state restore is that the
registry and boot files are restored (and cannot be deselected) and this
is specfic to the hardware you are running.

For example, if the system where you took the system state from has a
SCSI controller X and the new server you are restoring to has SCSI
controller Y, then you are not going to be able to boot as the drivers
and system files and other such important stuff will not be there.  You
can sometimes get around this by installing the driver for controller Y
on the current server then do the backup.  This will just to get the
information/data in the system state, then it's a matter of some clever
tweaking in the recovery console and playing with boot.ini after you do
the restore.

What is the hardware you have?