One of our vendors received an email infected with BugBear virus coming from
an address from our domain.
However it's a bogus address. After checking out the header and the path, I
found the sender's IP address
and found out that it's running QMQP on port 628.
I found a link through Google that it says it's a faster protocol than SMTP
and it's used to centralize mail queue for cluster of hosts. Apparently it
runs on Unix.

Does anyone know whether the protocol is legitimate and/or could be used for
spamming or spreading virus?

Thanks

--Alex Alborzfard