From: McCready, Robert [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, August 18, 2003 9:39 AM
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: Exchange 5.5 Server hammer-age.

Until recently, our Exchange 5.5 Server has been running smoothly.  Lately
however, it
has been running S..L..O..W on occasions.  Our server is older (Dell 6300
with Dual 400 MHZ
processors and 1.5 GB of memory..... 700 users).  The only thing that's
changed is we
have recently started upgrading some of our NT 4.0 workstations to Windows
XP workstations.
Almost all those users receive the following message the first time they
logon....

Outlook is retrieving data from the Microsoft Exchange Server "Exchange".
You can cancel
the request or minimize this message to the Windows taskbar until Outlook
closes the
message automatically.

Some of them receive the message more frequently.  Maybe the two issues
aren't related,
but I thought I'd start here, since it's the only thing that's changed
recently.  Is anybody else
having issues using XP Professional with Exchange 5.5?

Thanks.

Robert

*** CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE ***
This electronic mail message and any attachments to this electronic mail
message contain confidential information belonging to the originator, and
may be attorney client privileged or constitute inside information.  It is
intended only for the use of the individual(s) listed as the recipient(s).
If you are not one of the intended recipient(s), you are hereby notified
that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or the taking of any action in
reliance on the contents of the electronically mailed information is
strictly prohibited.  If you have received this electronic mail message in
error, please forward the electronic mail message to [EMAIL PROTECTED] and
then remove all traces of the electronic mail message from your system.
*** The Dayton Power & Light Company. ***