From: David Klindt [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, August 15, 2003 7:13 PM
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: Re: Exchange 2000 and Backup Exec 9.0

Matt,
Yes, we had a problem with BE 9.0 on our E2K SP3/W2K SP3 servers. After
installing BE 9.0, some users could not access public folders and
personal
folders that they could access previous to the upgrade. We thought we
had
a bad install so we reinstalled BE 9.0. The result was the same, just
different users were affected. Called Veritas and they had no clue.
Searched Google and found another company with the same problem. Per
their
recommendation we installed BE 9.0 without the Advanced File option and
everything seems to be OK now.
I hope this helps.

David Klindt
AmerisourceBergen
> We have reached a point where we must upgrade from Backup Exec 8.6 to
> Backup Exec 9.0 for the entire organization. Backup Exec 8.6 doesn't
> support Windows 2003.  We have 2 backup servers that perform backups.
> The backup agent must be upgrade on all our servers.  Sadly, this
> requires the 8.6 version to be uninstalled, the server be rebooted,
and
> the 9.0 agent installed.  Which bring me to my question (finally):
Has