Exchange 5.5.

We've been getting hammered by the SOBIG virus here.  In the last hour both
the systems that house our IMC failed on port 25 and I had to reboot.  I
pretty sure it's due to the flood of messages we are encountering.  SOBIG
count was 35,000 day before yesterday 45,000 yesterday.  Any suggestions?
I've talked to our firewall guy and he can't filter the notification out, so
I'm looking for other options.  What about increasing the number of connects
on the IMC?