From: Erick Thompson [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, 18 September 2003 10:07 AM
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: RE: OWA front end server - licensing and security

We talked about this exact scenario. We decided that given how easy it
is to install a key logger, and other malware, on public systems we
decided it was too risky. We are planning on using public folders quite
heavily with data that we can't risk getting out. Same with the address
books.

We are trying to figure out a way to give people access to email only
from a public terminal. No public folders or address books. If you have
any suggestions, that would be great.

Erick

hnet/prodtechnol/isa/deploy/isaexch.asp

> Requiring VPN (your other message) is a good idea,
> however, you may be coming back to ISA or some other
> idea when your users demand to be able to get e-mail
> from a coffeehouse kiosk terminal.
>
> Ed
>
> --- Erick Thompson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > I have to admit to being a little confused, how
> > would ISA help, aside from being a proxy? Which
> > isn't nothing, but I'm wondering if I'm missing
> > something else.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Erick

=== message truncated ===