>From Wired.com (http://www.wired.com/news/technology/0,1282,60473,00.html):

"VeriSign's controversial "typo-squatting" Site Finder service is about to be bypassed
by an emergency software patch to many of the Internet's backbone computers."

Paul Chinnery
Network Administrator
Mem Med Ctr

-----Original Message-----
From: Fyodorov, Andrey [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, September 18, 2003 9:09 AM
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: RE: All .COM / .NET domain names now exist

All you base are belong to us

Sincerely,

Andrey Fyodorov
Systems Engineer
Messaging and Collaboration
Spherion

-----Original Message-----
From: Jason Clishe [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, September 17, 2003 11:22 PM
To: Exchange Discussions

I'm surprised how quiet this group is being regarding this issue. This
has potentially enormous ramifications. For one thing, this effectively
breaks reverse-DNS lookups that anti-spam applications use to verify
sending domains as being valid.

Come on now, Verisign is masking the difference between a valid domain
and NXDOMAIN for
all protocols, all users, and all software. Doesn't anyone here have an
opinion?

Jason