Let's see...

Seeing as it took them 4-5 versions of the product to get it "right" -
starting back at least at 6.0, that is, I fail to see why they deserve
consideration.

My experience with ArcServe, which I did use for at least 2 years, is that
it does a phenominal job of backing up data. It was batting less than .500
(in other words <50%) on restores, however. And I *never* got a successful
Exchange restore without a significant level on intimacy with ESEUtil.

I'm also not willing to overlook the fact that they renamed ArcServe to
BrightStor simply to con people into thinking it's a different product -
there wasn't a massive rebranding campaign due to a company name change.
Nope, simply a slimy con job. But that's what I've come to expect from
CompAss over the years, which is why I refuse to use or support their
products.

The collected wisdom of many, many people, is available here:
http://www.clarksupport.com/whynotca.htm

Roger
Roger D. Seielstad - MTS MCSE MS-MVP
Sr. Systems Administrator