OK,

I'm just about to upgrade from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2000 tomorrow.  I've
installed a secondary copy of Exchange 2000 in my AD domain.  The plan was
to do a swing upgrade and migrate all users and mailboxes over to the
secondary copy of Exchange and then change my add my 5.5 box into the AD
domain (it's in an old NT 4.0 domain now) and install Exchange 2000.

However, would this be a feasible solution:  do a modified swing where you
migrate all users over to the secondary server as a "backup" of sorts for
the messages and contacts and so on and then do a straight upgrade to the
existing 5.5 server?  I've already got all my connector settings and so on
as I want them.  Is this a good idea?  Why or why not?  Perhaps this IS the
way a swing is supposed to work and I'm just kind of missing the point of
this?

I've already tested migrating a user over (me) to the secondary server and
it worked perfectly (and man oh man is OWA 2K SO much better than the 5.5
version).

Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions.

Matt