-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Mellott, Bill
Sent: Friday, September 26, 2003 6:46 AM
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: RE: Exchange 5.5 and Windows 2003 - upgd/mig...

Q to all...after reading part of this thread and being in the boat of
starting to plan my migration and just reading some of the FAQ's

with regard to:
"Exchange 2003 server. And the only other option is called the leap frog
migration.  You configure the Active Directory Connector (ADC) for Exchange
2003 between the Active Directory and Exchange 5.5 Directory Service.
Install a new Exchange 2003 server into the enterprise and move the Exchange
5.5 users to Exchange 2003."

Would/is this say similar/akin to doing like Ed's server move method...in
that I guess my main concern would be to keep the SIS of the exch DB's?? add
your just "moving" over the users mailbox's to the new server...???

Also does anyone know if MS plan's to "produce" a tool to do a "direct" type
upgrade from 55 to E2k3?

thanks
bill