From: Martin Blackstone [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, October 01, 2003 10:29 AM
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: New AV Gateway Recommendations

 I'm looking for a new AV gateway product. I'm looking for something that
has the following features. Right now we use NAI Websheild SMTP gateway
which does a pretty good job but is getting rather dated and it does not
appear that this program will updated past its 4.5 version. The program has
some nice features, but anything NAI blows, the support gets worse by the
day, so I want to move on.
The current setup I have is a single server that receives to WebSheild for
AV scanning and keyword content filtering. Then it passes it on via port 26
to my MailFrontier for antispam scanning (both run on the same box) which
then finally passes it on to the Exchange server boxen on port 25 just like
usual.

Here are the features I am looking for

*       Keyword Blocking
*       The ability to turn anti spam off and just use keyword blocking.
*       AV scanner
*       Ability to pass the mail on another port (such as when an AV gateway
and an  Antispam gateway are on the same box)
*       Recipient Exclusion
*       Sender exclusion (allow mail to pass directly from specified email
addresses       without scanning for content or virus's)
*       Originator Blocking (just dump any email that comes from specified
persons)
*       A bonus would be that if it could do a lookup against my GAL and
just dump any   email for an address that does not exist
*       Must run on Wintel platform
*       Customizeable NDR's for content filtering, etc

Martin Blackstone
Director, Information Technologies
Microsoft Exchange MVP
Superior Access Insurance Services