Has anyone been able to get RPC over HTTP to work when your DC/GC is on
the same box as the Exchange server?

My environment meets all of the prerequisites (Windows XP SP1 + RPC
hotfix, Outlook 2003 RTM, Windows 2003 DC/GC, Exchange 2003). I have
walked through the instructions to enable RPC over HTTP per the Exchange
2003 deployment guide, and also per the article in the Sep 2003 issue of
Windows & .NET Magazine. No joy.

I do not want to use SSL initially (just for the purpose of testing;
will enable SSL once I'm ready to roll this out). When I enable Basic
Authentication in Outlook, it forces me to use SSL, so therefore I'm
using NTLM. When I launch Outlook, it prompts me for credentials (even
though I'm already logged in to the right account), and it continue's to
prompt repeatedly, and I'm definitely entering the right password. I've
seen mention of this same issue floating around on newsgroups, but no
one has offered a solution.

Oh, and I'm doing all of this internally for now, no firewall between me
and Exchange.

Any idea's?

Jason