-----Original Message-----
From: Matt Hoffman [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Posted At: 13 October 2003 15:11
Posted To: Swynk Exchange (30 days)
Conversation: Problems with IIS settings for Exchange and Public in
Exchange 2000
Subject: Problems with IIS settings for Exchange and Public in Exchange
2000

Having a strange problem here where IIS won't hold on to the folder
security settings we want in place for our users.  We've changed them to
Basic Authentication for the Exchange site, and Anonymous for the Public
site.  Any time the server is rebooted it loses these settings and goes
back to the defaults that came with Exchange.  Additionally, it seems to
lose track of the paths for these sites, that is, the path is there in
the settings correctly, and the path itself does exist (the M: drive),
but IIS thinks that the path does NOT exist (red Error icon exists in
IIS Manager) until you go in and browse to the path and then it finds
it.

Has anyone run into this before?

Thanks,

Matt

Any view or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do
not necessarily represent those of Silversands.

If you have received this email in error, please contact our Support
Desk immediately on 01202 360360 or email [EMAIL PROTECTED]

http://www.silversands.co.uk