we have a mixed envirnoment ... E2K3 and Exchange 5.5. The 5.5 has the in and outbound bridgeheads and the bulk of the users. We have only 5 or 6 test accounts on the new E2K3 server. one of the E2K3 accounts creates a message to one of the real users on the 5.5 system which has a "deliver messages to both recipient and alternate recipient" set to an external email system. The E2K3 account sends the message and the external account set by the "deliver messages to both recipient and alternate recipient" on the 5.5 account gets two (duplicate) messages. The logs on the E2K3 side show it 'reacted' to the fact that the 5.5 mailbox object that has be 'replicated' to the AD side, and sends an smtp message to our 5.5 bridgehead which processes the outbound immediately and the second message is sent to the 5.5 emailbox which has the "deliver messages to both recipient and alternate recipient" set and thus a second message to the external account is generated.

Is there a way to tell E2K3 to ignore the alternate recipient on the AD side and sent everything to the 5.5 for handling?

Add MSN 8 Internet Software to your current Internet access and enjoy patented spam control and more. Get two months FREE! http://join.msn.com/?page=dept/byoa

_________________________________________________________________ List posting FAQ: http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq.htm Web Interface: http://intm-dl.sparklist.com/cgi-bin/lyris.pl?enter=exchange&text_mode=&lang=english To unsubscribe: mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Exchange List admin: [EMAIL PROTECTED]