-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of NetNinja
Sent: Monday, October 27, 2003 11:15 AM
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: Outlook 2002/XP Conecting to Exchange 5.5

all maybe somebody out there is in a similar predicament.

I have a user who is using Outlook XP/2002 and they are connecting to my
Exchange server via a VPN connection. There is no way in He** that I am
going to setup a pop3 or Imap connection point for them.

Every so often this user starts getting slow response times. A dialog box
pops up and tries to establish a connection with the exchange server.

I have users who have a similar setup. But they are using Outlook 98 and
Outlook 2000 and they don't experience the same delays.

This user lives out in California but when they came to Atlanta they were
experiencing the same thing.

Exchange 5.5 has the latest service pack4.

Please don't say upgrade to Exchange 2003. That's not in our budget and also
we have about 200 email accounts and in Exchange 2003 you have to pay for
every email account you create.

I think we are going Lotus and drop Microsoft all together.

Anybody have any ideas?

Exchange 5.5 has the lastest serivce pack4.

Please don't say upgrade to Exhchange 2003. That's not in our budget and
also we have about 200 email accounts and in Exchange 2003 you have to pay
for evey email acount you create.