From: Jay Kulsh
To: Exchange Discussions
Sent: Sunday, November 02, 2003 9:17 PM
Subject: Spam Clogging the IMC Queue -- Feigning Open Relay

Hi folks,

We do not have open relay on our two Exchange servers (5.5 SP4) as tested by
various tools. However in the queue of IMC, there are thousand of messages
that have outside domains in both source and destination addresses. The
addresses of originators are obviously computer generated with words like
[EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED] etc. We have no proof yet that any of these
messages are actually delivered -- as if we were open realy -- to the
destination domain but that is a possibility.

Symantec techsupport stated that they are not aware of any virus or worm
that can do this.

If we are not allowing open-relay what is causing these messages to get to
our IMC queue? Please help!

Jay
Jay Kulsh
iLAN