You are looking in Explorer at your priv.edb with exchange running or
stopped? Stop exchange and see the real file size.

Sander

-----Original Message-----
From: Ray Beckwith [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 11 November 2003 08:52 AM
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: Information Store Size Question

I wanted to run this question by the experts to see if I could get a
definitive answer. Our Private Store database reached it's 16GB limit
and, on looking at the files, we found that the Priv.edb file was only
12.4GB. Can anyone tell me how Exchange 2000 figures the 16GB for the
size of the store? Is there some explanation for the missing 3.6GB? I
appreciate your input.

Thanks...

                Ray Beckwith
                Network Administrator
                California Credit Union League
                Information Technology
                [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                www.ccul.org

Thought for the day:
A good scientist is a person with original ideas. A good engineer is a
person who makes a design that works with as few original ideas as
possible. There are no prima donnas in engineering.
                --Freeman Dyson