I wonder if any Linux people like the WTO  :)

-----Original Message-----
From: Sean Faust [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, December 12, 2003 1:21 PM
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: RE: Mail Processing by Exchange vs. SendMail

>Oh, let me tell you, he hates Bill, Microcrap comes out of his mouth
far
too often.  He's only 22 years old and a genius kid, good natured, knows
his stuff.  He is also an MCSE only because he was forced into it.  The
fact that someone develops a product to sell and then gets rich really
pisses the Linux crowd off (some of them).

That's obviously absurd - Sendmail probably does process more mail than
> Exchange on similar hardware but that's pretty much all sendmail does.
> It doesn't provide the additional features that Exchange has out of
the
> box particularly if you are an Active Directory shop. Besides, what
> difference does it make as long as whatever platform you choose
handles
> the volume of mail you need it to? The apparent advantage of sendmail
is
> price - if you run it on Linux. If you put it in front of Exchange,
that
> goes out the window anyway... Also, the administration involved
compared
> to Exchange is very high even if you do have Unix\Linux admins on
staff
> - that gets worse the more features you add like a web interface
> calendaring, whatever Public Folders equivalent there might be, etc.
If