Nope.  In cached mode the user always directly reads from the local store,
which is updated as needed when a network connection is connected.

If the design goal was to read from the server in all network situations and
go offline when the network was unavailable, they wouldn't have changed that
mode of operation from previous versions of Exchange/Outlook...

---