First, I never said I was a "master logician". This is simply another in a
long line of dozens of mischaracterizations of my posts that proves the
fact that you either cannot read, cannot comprehend what you read, choose
to embelish what you read or assume things about what you read. What I
said was that I stick to the facts and logic, not that I am a "master
logician"

Second, philosophers have been arguing over "existence" for a long, long
time now. And the fact that I exist is pretty evident and obvious to me at
least.

Finally, I really have no interest in proving the obvious to you or anyone
else. It is obvious that computers and technology have become critically
important components of everyone's daily lives. It is obvious that the
entire recorded history of occupations and public welfare laws in the
United States points to the fact that as an occupation becomes
increasingly important to the public welfare that licensing and other laws
are passed to regulate it's behavior. It is obvious that without
self-regulation that these laws will likely be passed by state governments
and could be quite restricting and quite harsh. It is obvious that because
of the computer industry's rather libertarian bent that we, as independent
computer consultants and professionals, have no single voice with which to
speak in order to combat laws and regulations that others would pass to
regulate us. It is obvious that with self-regulation comes less of a need
for government to pass laws and regulations hence keeping government off
our backs.

Yes Ed, it is obvious that I sit back in my chair with a nice smug smirk
plastered right across my face because I know that if you don't like MY
ethics, boy are you going to hate the ethics imposed upon you by
government. It makes me laugh so hard that because you and others like you
will not even admit to a simple, obvious, conflict of interest that you
have doomed EVERYONE in IT to ever increasing government regulation. Why
do I laugh? Shouldn't I care because I am in IT as well? I laugh because I
don't care. I'll find something else to do. I am no crusader and Ed,
frankly, people like you are not worth crusading for. In fact, you; in
particular Ed, DESERVE to be regulated by the goverment.

No, I cannot prove, or simply choose not to do all the work to prove, the
obvious. I cannot prove that an apple is red or that the sky is blue or
that we live on a planet that orbits a sun. I also cannot prove that
either we regulate ourselves or someone else will do it for us. But, just
because I cannot prove it does not mean that it is not true or a fact of
life.