-----Original Message-----
From: Woodruff, Michael [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Posted At: Wednesday, January 07, 2004 9:23 AM
Posted To: swynk
Conversation: Exchange 2k3 store configs
Subject: Exchange 2k3 store configs

I am setting up a plan to restructure our exchange DB config.  Currently
we have 3 DBs.  1 with a mix of companies that is very large (65GB).
The others are 4 to 5GB a piece and are one Exec DB and one company DB.
I started to go the departmental route to separate DBs, but then that
idea was soon realized to created trouble since we have people who
shuffle around a lot here.  What are larger orgs like some of you doing
with your config?  I was thinking company Dbs with a 20GB limit.  After
the 20GB was reached I would then create a second instance of the same
company DB2 and so on for all of our companies.  Just looking for some
input an recommendations of what is the best practice.  Thanks.

Michael Woodruff
System Administrator
inChord Communications Inc.
A group of communications companies providing clients unlimited
visibility
614.543.6405

Jupitermedia Corp.
Attn: Discussion List Management