-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Fyodorov,
Andrey
Sent: Wednesday, January 07, 2004 3:45 PM
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: RE: getting heaps of spams

Are they NDRs going to places like Yahoo? Someone could be using you to
generate a "reverse" relay. Basically they deliberately stuff the
messages with From addresses of the actual victims and send those
messages to the bogus addresses at your domain. This generates the NDRs
that then bounce back to their "originators", spamming them.

Another theory is that they are spamming you with a dictionary type
attack (generating all sorts of string combinations) hoping to hit valid
addresses in your domain, and using bogus From addresses. For every
successful hit there are a ton of failed attempts that result in NDRs
that are now heading back to bogus Yahoo addresses.

Sincerely,

Andrey Fyodorov, Exchange MVP
Systems Engineer
Messaging and Collaboration