-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Miller, Robert
Sent: Friday, January 09, 2004 10:21 AM
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: Exchange 2000 DR

All,

We are about to do an off-site DR exercise. This DR site (for the test) will
have no connectivity to our production environment. I have 2 domains
(bm.root - which is an empty forest root placeholder domain) - (bakernet.com
- peer domain to bm.root where all objects live). The Exchange server
(member of bakernet.com) that will used for the DR exercise (Exchange 2000
SP 3) is on a Windows 2000 SP 3 Domain controller (bakernet.com). I have ran
the Veritas IDR process on the server and have identical hardware at the DR
site for the restore. Question: Will services fail because the forest root
domain (bm.root) can not be contacted? Or do I need to also do a DR of a
bm.root Domain controller at the DR site? I have done numerous IDR
recoveries, but have all been on the production network where the bm.root
domain could be contacted....

I hope this makes sense!

Thanks

Jupitermedia Corp.