Not sure what happened to answer your first question. But you can not restore a single mailbox from backup unless you use bricklevel backup method. Restore DB to a recovery box then run exmerge is the one way.

From: "Kim Schotanus" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> Reply-To: "Exchange Discussions" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> To: "Exchange Discussions" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> Subject: Lost mailbox Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2004 10:45:08 +0100

Hi there

I have an urgent question.
I came in this morning and found the AD completely blocked because
surveyor.exe was taking up all memory resources on the DC. After
rebooting the memory use went back to normal and users could log to the
network.
Unfortunately when our director booted his PC his account was deleted
from the mailbox store,and despite our retention policy immediately
deleted.

Question 1: how is this possible?
Question 2: How do I restore 1 single mailbox from a tape?

Thanks for your help,
Kim

Jupitermedia Corp.
Attn: Discussion List Management
475 Park Avenue South
New York, NY 10016

Let the new MSN Premium Internet Software make the most of your high-speed experience. http://join.msn.com/?pgmarket=en-us&page=byoa/prem&ST=1

_________________________________________________________________ List posting FAQ: http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq.htm Web Interface: http://intm-dl.sparklist.com/cgi-bin/lyris.pl?enter=exchange&text_mode=&lang=english To unsubscribe: mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Exchange List admin: [EMAIL PROTECTED]