Are all databases members of the same RPC client access array?

Are you running split DNS? Have you validated ExternalUrl and InternalUrl on
all servers (and InternalNlbBypassUrl where relevant)?

From: listsad...@lists.myitforum.com [mailto:listsad...@lists.myitforum.com] On
Behalf Of Hugo Hernandez
Sent: Thursday, January 28, 2016 6:42 PM
To: excha...@lists.myitforum.com
Subject: [Exchange] Outlook 2010 Directory type connection changes from RPC/TCP
to HTTP asks for username and password

We just recently went from a typical single Exchange 2010 install to a three
server DAG.  All three servers have the typical installation and for the most
part everything seems to be going ok except for one thing.  It seems that
randomly the Outlook connection for the Directory changes from RPC/TCP to HTTP
and a username and password prompts appear.  Even if we leave the password
prompt up, mail will flow since this only seems to effect the connection to the
directory.  Once we enter username and password Outlook is happy again until
the connection somehow resets and prompts the user again for authentication.

This is happening to a handful of users out of 100 so far and I can't seem to
figure out why.  I have the event logs on all three servers and they are
relatively clean.

Server specs are as follows.  All three servers are identical.

-Server 2008 R2 Enterprise fully patched
-Exchange 2010 SP3 RU11
-Typical roles installed
-Static ports assigned to RPC and AB
-All are behind a hardware load balanced
-All internal clients are Outlook 2010

I have searched around but I couldn't find anything that is close to what I am
experiencing.  Any ideas on where to look next?

Thanks,

Hugo Hernandez
Network Administrator

Insteon
It's your house. Turn it on.
www.insteon.com<http://www.insteon.com/>

Smarthome
Home Automation Superstore
www.smarthome.com<http://www.smarthome.com/>

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:

This e-mail message is intended only for the person(s) or organization(s) to
whom or which it is addressed and may contain information which is confidential
and privileged. The unauthorized use, copying, distribution, or disclosure of
this e-mail or any of its contents by anyone other than the intended recipient
is unauthorized and unlawful. If you have received this e-mail in error, please
notify the sender immediately and destroy all copies of this transmission.

Thank you.
http://www.smartlabsinc.com/