I don't *think* so.  It will attempt the same schema changes.

William

-----Original Message-----
From: Mike Rausch [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, January 15, 2002 12:12 PM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: An odd, but quick, question on Exchange 2k /forestprep

Ok, I running Exchange 2000.

What I am wondering is would it cause irreparable harm if you accidentally
run setup with the /forestprep switch on a forest that had already been
prepped?

In our test environment we were rebuilding an Exchange server.  Now there
was already an Exchange server in the environment (so we had done
/forestprep when we installed that one) so I didn't need to do it again
when building this most recent one.  But without thinking I did.  The rest
of the install seemed to go fine, but now the new servers Information
Stores won't mount.  So I am just wondering if it's because I ran the
forestprep a second time or a different, yet unkown, reason.

I am not hugely concerned.  Though rebuilding the test environment would
be an bit of a pain, it wouldn't be the end of the world.  I am more just
curious as I haven't been able to find any info from MS on this.

Thanks

List Charter and FAQ at:

List Charter and FAQ at: