Jason Dwyer, Super Sleuth.

-----Original Message-----
From: Jason Dwyer [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, January 17, 2002 4:38 PM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: RE: Urgent Running out of Drive space - Solved

Hi all,
        As many of you suggested, some sleuthing was required.  What I
discovered is that in the Winnt folder there were thousands of wfv*****
folders.  A little further research found that backup exec from veritas was
the cause.

Backup exec has its own virus scanner which I run before backup, as a
secondary scanning method, apparently when it finds a *.cab file that it
doesn't like it copies it to a wfv folder....

voila... some time later, no space.

Thanks again for all your assistance

Regards,

Jason Dwyer