-1018 errors are not always easy to figure out either.  There is a KB article or two on troubleshooting them.

You seem to have the backing for a good server.  Look at drive configuration.  Good to have logs on a separate spindle than the databases.

-----Original Message-----
From: Jamie Domingue [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, January 18, 2002 8:51 AM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: Error 1018

While checking the event logs on the Exchange server I found several 1018 errors.  I have convinced management to get another server here so I can move all of our mailboxes to it.  This will allow extensive testing of the problematic server.  I understand that this is likely caused by a hardware problem but I would like any advice any of you may have on this problem.

Server is a Dell 2550 Dual P3

1 Gig of Ram

4 36 Gig Hard drives (Raid 5)

Windows 2000 Sp2