From: Dan Schwartz [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, January 18, 2002 10:08 AM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: Please, spare us from Policy Patrol!

        Starting at the 6th paragraph, read about how Red Earth's "Policy
Patrol" is
the Mother Of All Disclaimer Software
<http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/28/23732.html>:

"Now, if that corporate caveat really rattled your cage, there's more bad
news. In a move that has a ring of horrible inevitability about it, US
company
Red Earth Software has released Policy Patrol. Apparently, this NEW
DISCLAIMER
SOFTWARE IMPROVES EFFECT OF DISCLAIMER NOTICE (their caps, btw), offering
advanced disclaimer functionality such as user-based disclaimers, formatting
and merge fields. These features increase the relevancy of disclaimers and
thus improve their efficacy.

"But how, you gasp, is this possible? Well, Policy Patrol allows companies
add more specific disclaimer notices by offering user-based and context
sensitive disclaimers. The user-based disclaimer functionality enables
companies to adjust statements according to a particular user or department,
therefore increasing the relevance of the disclaimer.

"Magnus Andersson, technical director of Red Earth Software, continues: "We
designed Policy Patrol because the current offer of disclaimer functionality
is very basic. Larger companies cannot settle for the same disclaimer for
everyone within their organization. They need a flexible, professional
disclaimer solution that can be adjusted to their exact needs. With the
increasing use of disclaimers, non-specific disclaimers are simply not
having
the desired effect any more."

"Spot on. And when people start to ignore html formatted disclaimers, we can
look forward to Flash pop-up disclaimers and DHTML drop-down caveats.
Onwards
and upwards.®

BOOTNOTE:

"Since you're no doubt now fired up with renewed enthusiasm for the future
of
email disclaimers, why not download the Red Earth Software's 'Email
disclaimers' white paper here.
<http://www.policypatrol.com/docs/Emaildisclaimerswp.pdf>

"Disclaimer: We have not in fact ourselves downloaded this disclaimer white
paper and can therefore not be held responsible for its content or any
side-effects resulting from exposure to same. Your statutory rights are not
affected. May contain traces of nuts."

     Cheers!
     Dan

     Please CC any replies to me as I'm a DIGEST subscriber. Thanks!

List Charter and FAQ at:

List Charter and FAQ at: