Title: Is there any anti-signature software? (icm-computer)
>>1. Now I am thinking is there any anti - signature software or procedure?  You know like anti-virus with a specific type of file filtering?

Sounds like an untapped market.  There was a little Outlook client add on called 'Clipper' at one point.  It was good for removing text within a message, typically requiring a start and stop.  Yahoo used to append an ad at the end after a line '-----------'.  Clipper could be assigned to delete the line and following.  It disappeared about a year ago.
At the server level, I don't think there is a feasible application if for no reason but the diversity of disclaimers.  Why, you'd need the drewski plug-in just to strip those speeches he appends to his posts [1].

>>2. If I do not want him to get my emails getting to  the exchange list - how would I stop that (besides not sending emails)?

You mean exempt him from your posts to the forum?  I don't think that would be possible.  You could set up a specific rule for this person, I suppose.

William

[1] Hi Drew!

Well s/he  (Szalkiewicz, Toni) sent me the longest and lamest signature twice.  They use two sets of rules to do one job. Yes  I read it all.  Frankly that is the longest I have ever gotten. Two things come to mind.

1. Now I am thinking is there any anti - signature software or procedure?  You know like anti-virus with a specific type of file filtering?

2. If I do not want him to get my emails getting to  the exchange list - how would I stop that (besides not sending emails)?

Lastly, his use of rules and that of someone I worked with last week reinforces to me  - my and other exchange admin lack of  Outlook knowledge. More questions on the use of outlook should be added to exchange certification process.  Beyond the basics, I have no ideal how notes work or even why I would use them.

ellery july
Technical Lead
Northwest Area Foundation
332 Minnesota