Our messaging servers are Exchange 2003 SP2. Mobile communications for 700
users is supported by a BES 4.1 SP6 envirionment. Using PFDAVADMIN I have
identified a large number of BlackBerryRefIDSearchFolder1_7 folders with 20,000
or more messsages. We have a handful approaching 90,000.

We contacted BES support. Simply stated the tech confirmed that the folder in
question includes every message you have sent/received from the day you
activated your first BB device. The folder and its contents remain even if you
remove the account from the BES Server and re-add it a day later. RIM provides
no remedy even in version 5.0 SP2.

>From what I could gather from research those folders are search folders which
>are created dynamically based on the PR_RIM_MSG_REF_ID extended mapi property
>stamped on each message.  I have seen a recommendation to delete that property
>& the item will drop out of the search folder. Can anyone confirm this?

Does anyone know to change this property in MFCMapi or know how to make this
change in bulk? Thanks. Keith Byer…State of SD