Running Exchange 2010 SP1 RU5 on Windows 2008 R2 box.  Last night we started
getting a failure on our backups that the DAG was unreachable.  We are unable
to ping the DAG from the backup server or even the mailbox servers themselves.
The IP is set correctly in the properties.  I've checked Windows Firewall and
that's not the problem.  I've brought up the Failover Cluster Manager and under
the Cluster Core Resources the IP Address and the Name are both offline on all
three nodes.  Attempts to bring the resource online return with 0x80071397 -
"The operation failed because either the specified cluster node is not the
owner of the resource, or the node is not a possible owner of the resource."

Going through the system logs I find:
Cluster node "the_other_server" was removed from the active failover cluster
membership. The Cluster server on this node may have stopped.  The could also
be due to the node having lost communication with other active nodes in the
failover cluster.  Run the Validate a Configuration wizard to check your
network configuration.

I run the Validate a Configuration wizard and it tells me that my cluster isn't
running.

I go to "the_other_server" and find in the system log:
The Cluster service is shutting down because quorum was lost.

Using Test-ReplicationHealth tells me that my QuorumGroup failed.

Googling around found a reference that my cluster could be a little out of sync
and suggested clearing and then re-checking the "Allow clients to connect
through this network" box for the Networks in the Failover Cluster Manager.  No
joy...

This appeared to just happen out of blue.  There weren't any updates or changes
that I put on and no one is fessing up to any changes.  Not sure where to go
from here.  Suggestions?

-Paul