From: xyz [mailto:x...@minneapolis.edu]
Sent: Friday, February 08, 2013 9:47 PM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: EXCHANGE 2010 and IOS 6.1 issues

Greetings,
Exchange 2010 SP2 UR3
We have a lot of IPADS and IPHONEs in our mix.

I have read all the post threads and continued my research through GOOGLE.
Opening a new thread to focus on any recent information on this issue.

Much of the what I read indicates rapid log file growth that quickly consumes
disk space.

Some information indicates a transaction log growth  issue, and other
information indicates an IIS log  growth  issue  - so these may be the same or
separate matters depending on site configs.

At this point, nothing to indicate we have been hit with this yet, but likely a
matter of time as users continue to update to IOS 6.1 and start doing calendar
syncs.

One of our sites did report the rapid transaction log growth and worked with MS
support for temporary mitigation - so this may be different - as they may have
had circular logging enabled or something and I don't have the details on how
they resolved yet.

However, much of the other information I read  indicates this is an issue with
the IIS logs growth.

I my case, we have the IIS logs start a new IIS log file  every 24 hours
(keeping all the old ones for reference) so very easy to track.
This I can easily manage by monitoring disk space and deleting/moving the log
files to another location with no uptime impact until this matter is resolved.

Hoping for some updates on what others have found now that this has been
documented as a well know issue.

Thanks for any input.

Dana

or send an email to

Confidentiality Notice:
This e-mail, including any attachments is the
property of Catholic Health East and is intended
for the sole use of the intended recipient(s).
It may contain information that is privileged and
confidential.  Any unauthorized review, use,
disclosure, or distribution is prohibited. If you are
not the intended recipient, please delete this message, and
reply to the sender regarding the error in a separate email.

<<inline: image001.jpg>>