I haven't had to do that particular fix, but I have seen it reported.

And yes, they are somewhat buggy.

-----Original Message-----
From: Maglinger, Paul [mailto:pmaglin...@scvl.com]
Sent: Wednesday, March 20, 2013 10:42 AM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: Archiving policies and X500 addressing

I'm starting to believe that, judging on the huge amount of unanswered
questions on various forums (including Microsoft), that the Exchange 2010
retention and archiving policies are just plain buggy.

We assigned a retention policy to another group of users and the archiving part
isn't working for one of them.  In searching for a solution I ran across
several references to adding a X500 address to the mailbox based on the
legacyexchangedn.

Does this make sense?  Has anyone here tried this or had to do it?  Thoughts?

-Paul