On Sat, 2016-03-26 at 13:34 +0100, Marc-Antoine Perennou wrote:
> On 25 March 2016 at 15:47, Wouter van Kesteren <wouters...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >

> > (Quick though that popped in: then having /usr/share/exherbo/ maybe
> > we
> > can also make eclectic's alternatives system use
> > /usr/share/exherbo/alternatives/? At least i get the feeling that
> > the
> > same arguments that go against /etc for this apply to the
> > alternatives
> > stuff in /etc too. We shouldn't overly focus on this but if we can
> > potentially get a path for both that'd be a nice bonus?)
> >

> That would be really nice in the future indeed

As alternatives are something that... "varies" at system run time, and
is basically internal program state, it would make sense to put it in
/var instead of /usr. Perhaps /var/lib/exherbo/alternatives or
/var/lib/eclectic/alternatives?

But yeah, I do like the idea of moving alternatives out of /etc.

--
Calvin Walton <calvin.wal...@kepstin.ca>