On 20/04/16 08:11, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
On Wed, 20 Apr 2016 07:54:16 +0200
Bernd Steinhauser <exhe...@bernd-steinhauser.de> wrote:
Well, then it might be better to just use the debug option. Maybe
paludis improves there at some point so we can integrate the debug
option into build_options globally, where, in principle, it belongs
imo. But it's not urgent.
It's not very difficult to do...

Adding it might not be. But what about build_option handling in the exheres?

Kylie:
My (admittedly limited) understanding of the situation is that build_options
are not visible to the exheres environment. I remember hitting this whenever
I was fixing a bug with dev-lang/go, because I wanted to try and make the
package disable or fail if [build_options:dwarf_compress] was enabled,
because it appears to break go binaries.
For tests, we use RESTRICT. Maybe that approach is outdated or needs to be
extended?