Hi,

there have been some discussions on this list and on IRC about using GitLab
for code reviews.
If we want to do this we have two options: We can either host a GitLab
instance on our own or use gitlab.com. The advantage of the latter is that it
is much less work while we would have more control with the former
alternative.

If we decide to use gitlab.com we still want to have the official repositories
on exherbo.org. But automatic two-way syncing seems to be problematic.
This could be solved by forbidding to push to the official repositories—all
commits would have to go through gitlab.com and would then be pushed to the
official repositories.

What do you think about this solution?

GitLab also includes a CI service that can run arbitrary docker images. We
should be able to use this to test commits. It's not clear yet if we can use
the gitlab.com runners or if we would have to set up our own since our testing
would require a bit more computing power. But if we can use them that would be
an additional benefit. GitLab CI also integrates nicely into the review
process.

Best regards,

Ole