Hey,

I'd like to suggest the removal of BUGS_TO. It's not entirely clear what its intended usage was or should be. Which is one of the reasons this came up in the past [1]. Obviously it doesn't help that it isn't documented very well in e-f-s. We never really used Bugzilla, where it could've served as assigne. Even if we assume that it is meant as a field pointing to a contact (which came up in the ancient thread above), it's not unlikely to contain something like repl...@exherbo.org, who hasn't committed anything since almost 10 years. In my opinion git log <package> (or git blame for specific parts) has much better chances to give you relevant information.

So, we have something with unclear semantics, that doesn't provide very useful information in the first place, tends to run out-of-date and needs maintenance while better information is automatically available and on top of that it is scarcely documented. Sounds like a sure candidate for removal to me.

If nobody says something about this, I'll remove it everywhere in > 1 month.

Regards,
Heiko

[1] https://lists.exherbo.org/pipermail/exherbo-dev/2011-September/000976.html