On 2018-02-20 at 13:54 +0000, Andrew C Aitchison via Exim-users wrote:
> Interesting idea to use the whois database to detect spammers.
> Since whois data has expiry info and doesn't change every day,
> I wonder how easy it would be to cache the results.

The jwhois client does this; it's a GNU project and I haven't looked at
it in ... 10+ years, but I used to use it a fair bit.  No idea what
they've done to adapt to the gTLD explosion.

Honestly, any wrapper script for use by an MTA should be caching
results.  And probably be a bit better about quoting, although at least
$sender_address_domain should be proof against those attacks.