Ian Zimmerman via Exim-users <exim-users@exim.org> (Mo 23 Sep 2019 21:29:30
EDT):

>   Additional ACL conditions and modifiers: decode, malware, mime_regex,
>   regex, and spam. These can be used in the ACL that is run at the end
>   of message reception (the acl_smtp_data ACL).

Hm. I didn't check the code either.
The "decode" is appliciable in the DATA ACL? I think, that's wrong
there. At least we got two different descriptions of the decode acl
condition:

|decode = <location>
|
|    This condition is available only when Exim is compiled with the
|    content-scanning extension, and it is allowed only in the ACL defined by
|    acl_smtp_mime. It causes the current MIME part to be decoded into a file.

vs

|  * Additional ACL conditions and modifiers: decode, malware, mime_regex, regex
|    , and spam. These can be used in the ACL that is run at the end of message
|    reception (the acl_smtp_data ACL).

I'll change this, removing the latter after doing some checks.

> But what counts as "content scanning facility"?  Does the mere presence
> of "decode = default" condition in the data ACL suffice to create this
> directory and file?

For my understanding: no. But the malware condition.
I'm not sure, if the decode condition (from the MIME ACL) would leave the
decoded files for the DATA ACL.

    Best regards from Atlanta/GA
    Viele Grüße aus Atlanta/USA
    Heiko Schlittermann