Hi,

I know that there is a setting message_size_limit and that I can control it
globally and per router.

I accept mails for a lot of domains and for some of those domains I'd like to have a bigger message_size_limit than for the rest. Those domains are already handled differently but I am not sure at which point the message_size_limit
comes into play.
In acl_check_rcpt I have several rules regarding those domains. Can I do in one of
them something like

accept domains = partial-lsearch;/usr/local/etc/exim/conf/special_domains local_parts = nwildlsearch;/usr/local/etc/exim/conf/special_accounts/$domain
         set SPECIALDOMAIN = true
         endpass

or

warn domains = partial-lsearch;/usr/local/etc/exim/conf/special_domains local_parts = nwildlsearch;/usr/local/etc/exim/conf/special_accounts/$domain
       set SPECIALDOMAIN = true
       set acl_m0 = 3
       set acl_m1 = 1
       set acl_m4 = 1

(those are the existing rules, just with 'set SPECIALDOMAIN = true' inserted)

and then write in the global-setting
.ifdef SPECIALDOMAIN
message_size_limit = 100
.else
message_size_limit = 50
.endif

or is acl_check_rcpt too late in the configuration for the message_size_limit-check? If it is so, I guess I have to allow generally the big mails and then create routers that deny the big mails for everyone except those in the special
domains, right?

Cheers,

Niels