On 09/12/2019 08:06, Frank Elsner via Exim-users wrote:
> I've just replaced exim-4.93-RC7 by exim-4.93 and see in logfile:
>
> failed to open DB file /var/spool/exim/db/wait-smtp: Success

That's... amusing.  The internal DB-file open operation has
not returned a handle to use, yet errno is zero.

> What's going on?

My question, too.

Who built the binary, and what variant of DB file handling is
being used?  Could there have been a DB library update, or
corrupt files lying around?

Does it otherwise appear operational?  Was it once-only, occasional,
or repeat-on-any-smtp-transport-attempt?
--
Cheers,
  Jeremy