On 22/01/2021 18:39, Adrian via Exim-users wrote:
I note that "vdom_aliases" doesn't appear anywhere in the latest exim4
spec, so I suspect that it has been obsoleted.

It's not an Exim thing and never has been.
It's probably a thing specific to the config you are running.

So maybe what I'm asking is for some simple documentation with examples
of how to set up the same behaviour under exim4 ver 4.92

The project documentation is at http://exim.org/docs.html
However, you seem to be running a Debian-derived installation -
and they have a whole complex configuration.  You may be better
off asking in a Deb-specific forum.

If you want to start from scratch, you could either run the Debian
configuration script (I don't know if it supports your needs, but
it's not unlikely) - or wipe all your config and develop one from
scratch.

Exim has extensive debug output possibilities, either from commandline
options or triggered by the config.  See the docs.

On the certificate message: yes, it's a new check.  But the lack of
a cert means that you weren't successfully running TLS with Exim in
server mode before.

--
Cheers,
  Jeremy