On 17 April 2023 03:08:29 Lance Lovette via Exim-users <exim-users@exim.org> wrote:
How might I configure my routers to ignore an initial 5xx response from the
first router and attempt another (and maybe future) deliveries through an
alternate router?

I'm going to make the very obvious and morally correct answer: you don't.

If you get a 5xx error from the receiver's MX, you do the right thing and abide by it. They're telling you they didn't want your message.

If you've got such a problem with IP or domain reputation that you end up on DNSBLs with any frequency, you need to work on that rather than palming off your messages to a third party.

That said: why not just send via the ESP in the first place?

Graeme