> When I try to run exmh, I get the expected display for
> a very short time (not long enough to read anything)
> then I get this:
>
> X Error of failed request:  BadLength (poly request too large or internal
> Xlib length error)
>   Major opcode of failed request:  139 (RENDER)
>   Minor opcode of failed request:  20 (RenderAddGlyphs)
>   Serial number of failed request:  6823
>
> This started happening a few days or a week ago after
> a dnf upgrade.
>   PRETTY_NAME="Fedora Linux 35 (Workstation Edition)"
>
> Any hints on how to debug this?

Hello Hal,

        I'm also runnin exmh (2.9.0 11/07/2018) on a Fedora 35 laptop
        using Cinnamon as desktop interface. I also have this RPM :

[emile@dell540 ~]$ rpm -qa | grep noto-emoji
google-noto-emoji-color-fonts-20200916-3.fc35.noarch
[emile@dell540 ~]$

        installed, but don't notice same problem as you have. Please
        note that I always rely on a TCL/TK 8.6 "home compiled" under
        /opt, or /usr/local. Just for the record, let us know if you
        tried changing your desktop to anything else ? Best regards,

-Émile