Dear Alexander,

sorry for the _very_ late followup.

In message <26272-1545176716.242...@x46n.fgrn.ywrn> you wrote:

> On Tue, 18 Dec 2018 09:47:59 -0500, Tom Lane writes:
> >FWIW, I still use that a lot.  I agree it seems like abandonware
> >though :-(.  If there's a better tool out there ...
>
> glimpse was finally (re)released under a properly open license
> a few years ago, and was put onto github
> (https://github.com/gvelez17/glimpse).

...where it has not seen any changes since 2016, so we can be petty
sure it is a dead project.

> i worked on it a little bit to get it back into debian, but haven't
> done anything beyond small repairs and adjustments; as far as i can
> tell work well enough. i use it pretty much daily in (and outside of) exmh.

I recently tried it.  It builds fine, but indexing my 60 GB+ Mail
directory ran for > 16 hours (on a fast PCie M2 SSD) before it
crashed with a core dump.  I gave up on this then.

What do others use these days for e-mail indexing and searching
(ideally independent of encodings and including MIME attachments) ?

Best regards,

Wolfgang Denk

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: w...@denx.de
Until you walk a mile in another man's moccasins, you  can't  imagine
the smell.