Thanks for the help on the pppd problem. As soon as I
read the message, I did remember reading that a while
back. Then I was running 6.1 and just brushed it off.
pppd now connects, however, I cant surf at all. There
is no errors given, just sets there twirling the N logo

I couldn't get X to redo, so since I just installed 7.0
I decided to re-install it. I have the above pppd prob
and also my cd-rw (/dev/sr0 /mnt/cdrom) will not operate

My zip drive used to be (/dev/hdb4 /mnt/zip) and now is
/dev/sda4 /mnt/zip. Why did this happen. I think if I
can get it back to /hdb4 my cdrom will work.
All of my drives in the system are IDE. I have a :
/hda1 - Win98
/hda5 - Win
/hdc1 - Win (data storage)
/
swap

I chose to install supermount since it worked so well
at the office. Although there I don't have but one hd
and one cdrom (IDE)

Is this a supermount prob (I know little about it)

I see a reinstall coming since my inet won't let me surf

Thanks all,

Brian D. Klar - CVE
OTS
WPAFB