On Sat, May 06, 2000 at 10:17:25PM -0600, Vincent Danen wrote:
-> I've written a perl program to handle my tape backups and it isn't quite
-> working the way I want it to.  I tried a program called flexbackup and
-> that didn't work the way I wanted it to either.
->
-> Can anyone suggest a good tape backup program (console) that will work
-> well for me?  I've got a SCSI 10/20GB tape drive and would like to backup
-> the entire system (4 filesystems) and (if possible) some remote systems as
-> well over ssh.
->
-> Any suggestions?  Or would someone be willing to look at my script and
-> maybe help me track down what I'm doing wrong?  I don't think I've got a
-> full grasp of mt and dump quite yet... =(

First thing to do is get Unix Backup & Recovery, W. Curtis Preston,
O'Reilly & Associates (http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/unixbr/). Then read
it closely as needed. I wrote a very favorable review for Linux Journal.

For freeware, you might look at Amanda, although it might be overkill for
most Linux installations.

--

                -- C^2

No windows were crashed in the making of this email.

Looking for fine software and/or web pages?
http://w3.trib.com/~ccurley