Andy Judge wrote:

I saw this in my trash where all good little html messages go and
thought the title seemed intriguing.  Please forgive that the
text of your message (a single line 7 monitors wide) is not
included.

The pppoE runs and proviced the interface protocol.

The IP masquerade runs on the same box and sends out messages as
if it were the originator with a special port for reply which
allows it to get the response back to the originating machine.

No ISP can stop the masquerade without limiting his ability to
send and receive TCP/IP.  Any NAT he does on top of it will be
quite irrelevant to your local network.

Though I do find it wildly amusing that the ISP "supports Windows
98 NAT".  Does Windows98 need a supporting hand from the ISP to
do NAT?

Civileme